DESCRIPTIONStructural R4-class, rapid-setting, shrinkage-compensated, thixotropic, fiber-reinforced, cementitious mortar, applied in a single layer from 3 to 40 mm thick, for repairing and smoothing concrete
WHERE TO USEStructural repairs and smoothing over internal and external horizontal and vertical concrete surfaces; suitable for repairing structures exposed to the open air and in permanent contact with water.
- Rapid repair work on deteriorated concrete beams, pillars, buffer walls, cornices, edges of balconies and structural members and elements that require the use of mortar with high mechanical performance characteristics.
- Quickly smoothing over surface defects in cast concrete, such as deep gravel clusters, spacer holes, second pours, etc. before painting the surface.
- Repairs and structural strengthening of concrete.
- Repairing precast concrete members and elements.
- Repairs to concrete damaged by rusty reinforcing bars due to carbonation.
TECHNICAL DATAClass according to EN 1504-3: R4
Maximum size of aggregate (EN 1015-1) (mm): 0.4
Bulk density (kg/m³): 1,250
Dry solids content (%): 100
Ion chloride content: – minimum requirement ≤ 0.05% according to EN 1015-17 (%): ≤ 0.05
EMICODE: EC1 R Plus - very low emission
Colour of mix: grey
Mixing ratio: 100 parts of Planitop Smooth & Repair R4 with 16.5-17.5 parts of water (approximately 4.1-4.4 litres of water per 25 kg bag) (*)
Consistency of mix: thixotropic–trowellable
Density of mix (EN 1015-6) (kg/m³): 2,000
pH of mix: 12
Application temperature range: from +5°C to +35°C
Pot life of mix: approximately 15 mins. (**)
Waiting time before finishing with float: approximately 20 mins.
Time to completely set: approximately 25 mins.