When you go to buy a drill bit, what are you needing ? Just a drill ? or do you actually want HOLES ?
Rigorous independant testing has proven that the Gold Series Drills outperform other Australina drills on the market by more than 30% - giving you more holes for your dollar in every single drill bit !
- M2 HSS Fully ground M2 HSS material increases drill life
- Titanium Nitride coating reduces heat and increases lubricity for extended life
- 135 Degree Split Point cuts faster and reduces wandering
Alpha Gold Series Drills are packaged in a reusable plastic hang pack, keeping your drills safe, clean and dry.
|Stainless Steel RPM||306|
|Tool Steel RPM||458|
|Cast Iron RPM||611|
|Malleable Iron RPM||688|
|Medium Carbon Steel RPM||764|
|Free Cutting Steel RPM||1070|
|Alum, Brass, Plastic RPM||1528|
|Feed per RPM (mm / rev)||.25-.35|
|Standard pack Qty||1|
The flute form, web thickness and split point of the standard Alpha drills are suitable for most materials forming fine chips. For effective drilling, the rigidity of the drill and work piece are most important. The shorter the flute length the more rigid the drill. Long drills must be adequately supported to reduce vibration.
The following are important in drill use :
- Clamp the work piece securely
- Select the correct speed and feed
- Use an appropriate coolant or lubricant
- Ensure the shank is securely held. Avoid using worn drill chucks as the drill may slip during use.
- Regrind the point or replace the drill before it dulls, do not force a worn drill.
- When deep hole drilling, withdraw frequently to clear the chips ( deep holes start at 4X the diameter)
- For stainless steel, manganese and high tensile steels, do not allow the drill to swell as it will cause work-hardening. Use a slower speed and heavier feed for these materials.
Product Code: C9LM125
Order Quantity: 1